Welcome to The Rundown, our daily breakdown of the comedy news we missed from the day before. A link to share? Email our team at email@example.com.
In case you missed it, we interviewed Tyler Boss about his ‘What’s the Farthest Place From Here’ series of pictures. “, and more.
– Via press release, Image and Skybound announced a “Ghosted” Compendium, collecting all 20 issues of the horror series by Joshua Williamson, Goran Sudzuka and Davide Gianfelice into one volume. “Ghosted” follows criminal mastermind Jackson Winters after he breaks out of prison. He must assemble a team of paranormal experts as they attempt to steal a ghost from a haunted house. The series originally ran from 2013 to 2015. The “Ghosted” Compendium will be available in comic book stores and digitally on September 20, 2023, and in bookstores the following week on September 26.
– Dark Horse announced “Critical Role: The Mighty Nein Origins” Library Edition Vol. 1, the first of two oversized hardcovers that will bring together four of the “Origins” OGNs. It will feature “Critical Role: The Mighty Nein Origins Jester Lavorre” written by Sam Maggs, with art by Hunter Severn Bonyun, color by Cathy Le, and lettering by Ariana Maher; “Caleb Widowgast,” written by Jody Houser, with art by Selina Espiritu, color by Diana Sousa, and the letter Ariana Maher; “Yasha Nydoorin” by writer Cecil Castellucci, artist William Kirkby, colorist Diana Sousa and letterer Ariana Maher; and “Nott the Brave,” by Sam Maggs, William Kirkby, Eren Angiolini, and Ariana Maher. Matt Mercer, Laura Bailey, Liam O’Brien and Sam Riegel of Critical Role have also consulted the books. “Critical Role: The Origins of Mighty Nein” Library Edition Vol. 1 will be available on September 12, 2023.
– Via The Beat, Nick Drnaso was longlisted for the PEN/Jean Stein Literary Award for his most recent graphic novel, “Acting Class” by Drawn & Quarterly. The graphic novel brings together ten strangers, under the tutelage of the mysterious John Smith. All these people have one thing in common: they are looking for change. Winners of the PEN/Jean Stein Literary Prize will be announced on March 2, 2023.
– The Beat also reports that multi-award-winning graphic novelist Emmanuel Guibert has been elected to France’s Academy of Fine Arts. Guibert becomes only the second cartoonist in history to hold such a high position. The designer will occupy one of the five chairs at the head of the Engraving and Drawing department alongside his colleague Catherine Meurisse, the first designer elected in 2020.
– Via Weekly Entertainment, Michael Cudlitz was cast as Lex Luthor on The CW’s Superman and Lois. The character description reads: “Cudlitz’s Lex Luthor is known to the world as the visionary billionaire behind LexCorp, but secretly the criminal underworld knows who Lex really is: a brutal psychopath who terrorizes everyone he meets. ” Superman and Lois Season 3 premieres Tuesday, March 14 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
– Nominations for the 95th Academy Awards were announced Tuesday morning. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever earned five nominations, including Angela Bassett for Best Supporting Actress and Rhianna’s “Lift Me Up” for Best Original Song. The Batman also earned three nominations. The 95th Academy Awards will take place on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at the Dolby Theater at Ovation Hollywood and will be broadcast live on ABC. You can see the full list of nominations at The variety.
– At last, The variety reports that Adult Swim has severed ties with rick and morty co-creator Justin Roiland. Roiland was charged in Orange County, Calif., with one count of domestic assault with bodily harm and one count of false imprisonment by threat, violence, fraud and/or deception. . Roiland pleaded not guilty and appeared in court on January 13, 2023 for a preliminary hearing. Roiland is due back in court in April for another preliminary hearing.